Hunter Finance was established in 2003. We have had the privilege of offering our services to thousands of customers for their home improvement purchases. Hunter Financial believes in offering a chance to those customers that have had credit challenges in the past. Our underwriting is simple: we do not require you to use our forms, we accept your documents to make the application process as easy as possible. We do ask your applications be sent to primary lenders first before sending to Hunter, since we are a second look lender. You will receive a finance decision within 24 hours. Hunter takes pride in accurate and quick service to our customers.
While credit score is important, it is not the main criteria for approvals. We have approved loans with credit scores in the 400’s. Due to lower credit scores, we may ask for reasons for credit delinquencies, or request a co-borrower to be added.
Most customers will qualify for for APR of 16.99% for up to 120 months. However, depending on the underwriting, terms may be high as APR 24.99% and/or the customer may be asked to make a deposit.
Criteria for Loan Approvals
We do have a few requirements before the underwriter reviews the loan:
- At least one of the names on the title of the home needs to be on the financing
- Proof of home ownership and/or mortgage statement may be requested
- The spouse is required to be a co-borrower, if the borrower is married
- Proof of income is required if the customer is employed (a pay stub dated within the last 30 days). A bank statement showing direct deposit for a customer on fixed income may be used as proof of income. A self-employed customer will have to provide their most recent Federal Tax Return.
- Copy of a voided check or a bank statement is required at the time of document signing, since the loan will require the customer to make monthly payments by auto pay from a checking or savings account.
Hunter has the capability for customers to sign documents electronically to expedite the approval process. If a customer prefers paper documents, we can send them via US Postal with a return envelope. We want to make this process as smooth as possible.
Funding will be available within 24 hours of receipt of a completed form signed by the customer.